Here are our suggestions for having a happy Zoom experience:
- The morning or early afternoon the day before your class, make sure you remember how to login into your account. Go to www.keanfiresafety.com and click the Login button in the upper right corner. If you have trouble remembering your credentials, email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your name and dfs id number and brief description of the trouble before noon the day before the class.
- On the morning of the class, do not attempt to join prior to 8:15. If Zoom does not immediately open, wait five minutes and if it is still not open, close the page and begin by clicking the link in your calendar again. Repeat this process until 8:30. If you are still not able to join via the internet, please use the call in method to join. Instructions on how to call in are included with the email that has your handouts. If you’re unable to join by phone at 8:35 a.m., please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that it can take a few minutes for our technical staff to get all the Zoom meetings opened in the morning, so your Zoom may not open until after 8:15.
- Please do not give up until 9:00 a.m. If there is a technical issue it may take a few minutes to fix it. I will try to email everyone, but that takes time to. Please repeat step 2 until 9:00 a.m.
- Please note, that I will be attempting to troubleshoot as I commute in the morning. I try to get to the office by 8:30, but that doesn’t always happen. If I’m driving, I will have to find a safe spot to stop in order to make calls and send email and this takes time, please be patient.
- Please don’t call/email in the afternoon the day before the class asking if we can let you in. If you want to take a class, you need to register BEFORE noon the day before the class. Zoom classes have a maximum of 65 people and will close if full. Please select a different date or class if the one you are trying to enroll in is full.
- Check in with the facilitator, respond as requested and enjoy the class.